We collect your personal information in order to provide you with our services or know your opinion about our services, articles, or books. The information we may need includes but not limited to:
- Contact details such as your name, title, company name, email address, phone number, and physical address;
- Information about your company and job position;
- Social media account details ( excluding your passwords);
- Financial information, including customer account information or national/tax identification number (subject to the terms and conditions for payment on our website);
- Information such as your gender, nationality, and country of residence that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations;
- Your enquiries and orders for our products and services, as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you;
- Your event registration information;
- Your comments, reviews, and responses to feedback surveys; and
- Your IP address and domain name.
You provide this information when you visit our website, register on our website, purchase our products or services, respond to surveys, complete our feedback form, or contact us to request for any information. We do not deliberately collect any sensitive personal information. Please do not send or disclose such sensitive personal information to us.
Usage of your Data
Primarily, we collect and store your data in order to connect with you and serve you better. We may use your data to:
- monitor, review, evaluate, and improve your experience when you revisit our website;
- deliver products, services, or execute transactions on your request;
- analyse our web traffic or users;
- analyse how you navigate our website;
- invite you to complete a survey or provide feedback to us on specific issues;
- provide you with answers to your questions;
- keep you updated on our activities, programmes, and events where consent has been given.
- notify you of changes to our website, blog, or relevant processes;
- process or manage your appointments with any of our personnel; and
- fulfil the legal obligation of reporting any criminal or unethical activity.
Please note that we do not disclose traceable information about you to our advertisers, though we may share statistical visitor information with our advertisers.
Accessing your Information
Our trusted third parties or personnel who are responsible for marketing, communication, and IT security may have your information in order to manage our contact database and liaise with you when necessary.
We only transfer your personal information to only those third parties who we are sure can offer the required level of protection to your privacy. All Foundation Systems staff sign its confidentiality agreement. We do not and will not, at any point in time, sell your personal information to any third party. Where required by law, we may need to disclose your information to regulatory authorities.
Your Choices and Obligations
The Nigerian Freedom of Information Act 2011 provides you with the right to access the information that we collect from you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the data requested.
The following additional rights are applicable:
- The right to withdraw consent previously given to our trusted third parties or us;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information in our possession, subject to the retention required for legal purposes and the time required technically to delete such information;
- The right to request for access to your personal information or object to us processing same;
- The right to update your personal information kept with us;
- The right to receive your personal information and have it transferred to another data controller as applicable; and
- The right to lodge a complaint.
Transfer of Personal Data
The personal information we may collect may be transferred to and processed in, another country other than your country of residence for the purposes stated above. Please be aware that the data protection laws in those countries may be different from that of Nigeria.
Third Party Links
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. Foundation Systems is not responsible for the content of any third-party web links and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. If you decide to access the weblink of any third-party, you do so at your own risk and in accordance with the terms and privacy policies of these third websites.
We do not accept claims of liability or responsibility in any way for third party links, as we have no control over third-party websites. Also, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of any site from which you linked to our website. We advise you check the privacy policies of third-party websites and contact their operators if you have concerns or questions.